TAO Group New York Offices New York, NY
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Staff, manage and execute events in venue.
- Document final arrangements with clients on function sheet. Obtain all specifications and pertinent information concerning the event, including but not limited to, number attending, schedule of events and menu.
- Regularly review upcoming event function sheets and have thorough understanding of all requirements on upcoming scheduled events.
- Liaison with kitchen to ensure timely delivery and proper planning for perfect execution of all events.
- Hire, train, supervise and terminate events staff.
- Maintain event board and BEO binders.
- Prepare and post weekly schedules to ensure a sufficient number and appropriate skill levels of staff.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, payroll and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Provide special events staff with a copy of each function sheet and have an organized pre-event meeting to gain a thorough understanding of event specifications prior to the function.
- Requisition or obtain equipment and supplies needed for each event, ensuring that they meet customer expectations and requirements.
- Maintain Banquet storage room, equipment and facilities.
- Inspect event room prior to the start of each function – check room setup, menu, service staff, etc. conforms to function sheet.
- Greet customers prior to the start of each function and be present throughout the event to completion and assist where needed.
- Periodically check with customer to ensure satisfaction and respond to any requests.
- Continually observe, direct and assist staff where necessary during the entire event. Ensure that all the details as per the functions sheet are performed.
- Liaison with venue management to ensure proper event execution during events
- Prepare and complete accurate bill to the customer at the completion of the function and collect final payment and process in pos and opera the same day. If another payment arrangement has been made, have the terms noted on the bill. Follow the Banquet Standard Operating Procedure for closing out the bill.
- Direct and supervise breakdown and cleanup after the event. Account for all equipment and supplies. Return restaurant items to storage areas. Return or arrange for return of rented materials.
QUALIFICATIONS/PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years hotel banquet experience.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least two years of front-of-the-house restaurant experience and/or banquet/event positions.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of customers and staff.
- Be able to multi task and run events simultaneously
- Works well under pressure.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.