Chef - Culinary Teaching & Line Cook
- $12.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen is searching for our next Culinary Class Assistant (option for more hours as a Line Cook as well).
Those with previous experience as a chef and culinary school graduates are encouraged to apply.
Can become FT for right candidate
PT: 12 - 18 hours per week as class assistant
FT: 18 hours per week as class assistant; 20 hours per week as catering and line cook
Average Work Week:
- Two to Three Shifts 4 to 10 pm – subject to change based on availability.
- Room for full-time growth for the right candidate.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Culinary school graduate.
- At least one year restaurant or culinary work experience.
- Proficiency in culinary techniques. Familiarity with basic fundamental cooking methods.
Customer Service Skills:
- Must have an excellent and welcoming presence in front of guests and employees. Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude, create and unintimidating environment to cook in.
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming attitude at all times.
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve.
- Set trays up before class, portioned with ingredients as directed by chef instructor.
- Familiarity with dishes and recipes prior to class.
- Work efficiently to execute menu prep work for class.
- Check that tables are clean, utensils are stocked, olive oil and salt & pepper is clean and full, classroom is tidy prior to guests coming in.
- Leave kitchen clean and organized, proper placement of items and notify appropriate people if items/ingredients need to be re-stocked.
- Pass out the appetizers for guests and communicate the dish.
- Reiterate the talking points and methods from Chef Demos, specific to each class.
- Effectively communicate steps and skills, use Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen standards of instruction for knife skills and basic cooking. How’s and Why’s of the cooking process.
- Attentive to instructor’s needs throughout class. Paying attention to demos and listening for queues.
- Rotate ingredients in cooler. Work to keep work environment clean and organized.
- Watch items in oven the oven, set timers and take temperatures of items.
- Make sure things stay organized according to group numbers of guests.
- Be a second set of eyes for both the chef instructor and the participants.
Payment: $12 - $15 per hour DOE
Don't miss this amazing opportunity, apply today!
Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen was established in 2013 by owners Alyssa and Andrew Wilen. We run hands-on cooking classes in South End Charlotte with a focus on healthy, sustainable ingredients. Our classes include specific cuisines and workshops which cover a wide range of skill and ability levels. Weekly events include public classes at 6:30-9pm and hosting private events for groups doing corporate team-building, birthday parties or other celebrations.
Currently, we have 4 employees who have been on the team since 2015. Company is expanding and adding a corporate catering service, Saturday morning brunch service and kids cooking classes. We are an enthusiastic and positive team.