Service Team Member - $1,000 TRAINING BONUS
- $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
**Complete a successful 90 day training, and receive a $1,000 SIGNING BONUS at our Beechwold location.**
If you’re —
- excited about food prepared from scratch using the best local, organic, and artisan ingredients
- open to learning and growing your skills
- looking forward to being valued as an integral member of a team
- wearing a smile more often than not, and genuinely interested in sharing your joy
— then a Northstar Cafe SERVICE TEAM member might be the perfect job for you.
Bring your upbeat attitude, positive energy, and desire to be your best. We’ll teach you everything else.
We want you to be successful here, and support you with:
- thorough training in our beautiful dining room and professional kitchen
- top-notch teammates who’ll become close friends
- An efficient, productive, upbeat work environment
Here’s what you’d do:
- Serve guests with genuine warmth
- Show up ready to pitch in, help out, and become very knowledgeable about the food we serve
- Act with confidence to ensure our guests love their experience when unique situations arise
- Accurately follow our best known methods, which include processes for interacting with guests, serving, cleaning, and preparing beverages
- Arrive at work on time looking polished and professional
- Move quickly, stand for six to eight hours per day, and lift 50 pounds
- Wash and cut fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Prepare syrups and mixers from scratch
- Use a variety of classic and modern beverage-related tools and machinery to prepare beverages
- Take pride in being part of the most loved restaurant in the neighborhood
And our team gets great benefits:
- paid vacation
- healthy lifestyle reimbursement
- free meal with every shift (pretty much everyone’s favorite benefit)
- endless opportunities to grow, challenge yourself, and have fun
Our team loves working here, and we strive to make this a place worthy of them. Here’s what some of them had to say:
“My favorite part about my job is I have the ability to make someone’s day, every day.”
“I’m proud of how clean we keep the restaurant, how we treat each other, and how we treat guests. Our standards are really high, which I love.”
“Shift meals is one of the best parts about working here! Our food is so wholesome and good.”
“The style of communicating, even when something’s wrong, is very kind. It makes people actually want to change. Learning this has helped me be a better communicator in all areas of my life.”
“It's the most supportive work environment that I’ve ever been a part of.”
Working at Northstar Cafe is much more than just a job. It’s the chance to become an important member of a close-knit team, responsible for shaping the experience at a most-loved restaurant. It’s an opportunity to bring communities together and help them thrive. And it’s a way to play a key part in the bigger picture, supporting food practices that elevate local growers and producers and keep the environment healthy.
It’s also the best place to launch the rest of your working life. Here, you’ll gain the practical skills that will make you an outstanding professional in any industry. You’ll know how to maintain the highest standards and work in an environment of utmost integrity. And, you’ll develop the collaboration, communication, and leadership skills that will serve you throughout your career.
Learn more about careers at Northstar: https://www.careerswithnorthstar.com/