Sandwich Line & Prep Cook
- $13.25 - $14.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Part and Full-Time Shifts Available: morning thru mid-afternoon
Urban Radish is a unique food market and eatery in the east side of Downtown Los Angeles in the Arts District. We run a busy, high volume deli operation that prepares sandwiches and salads on a made-to-order basis. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for high quality food, and can thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment. All candidates must have an exceptional personality, team spirit, professionalism and a hospitality driven attitude.
The Sandwich Line and Prep Cook will support the kitchen team in the preparation of food items for our deli sandwich and salad counter. This role includes food preparation according to specified recipes, making sandwiches, salads and beverages at our deli line, maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment, maintaining organization, rotating food products and working as a constructive team member. Prep and Sandwich Cooks are trained in Urban Radish’s kitchen food preparation and safety standards and are expected to follow these standards while working.
Major Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Prep Cook Duties:
- Prepare the ingredient components for our breakfast counter, and sandwich / salad production line. This includes cleaning produce, chopping fruits and vegetables, roasting meats, slicing deli meats and cheeses
- Follow instructions with precision for making house aiolis, dressings, and spreads
- Utilize a wide range of kitchen tools and utensils, include chopping knives and vegetable grinders, temperature gauges
- Assist in ingredient inventory, storage, organization and rotation
- Ensure leftover food is stored properly
Sandwich Line Cook Duties:
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and beverages to order per company’s standards
- Set up and tear down sandwich line
- Comply with all company policies and safety, organization and sanitation standards.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of 1 year food prep experience
- Strong knife skills
- Fast, neat, clean and organized
- Flexible, open availability
- Punctual, reliable and awake for early morning hours with reliable transportation
- Strong work ethic and stable work history
- Highly organized with excellent follow up skills and extreme attention to detail
- Understanding of a "sense of urgency" attitude for the completion of responsibilities/tasks
- Dedicated and willing to go above and beyond
- Ability to follow instructions from multiple managers, chefs, and supervisors
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to follow all kitchen safety requirements
- Ability to use time keeping system to properly record time worked for payroll processing
- Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Urban Radish guidelines, such as wearing a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument