- $75K - $90K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Healthy fast casual chain, with national and international locations, is looking for a strong Senior Accountant to join the team. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, detail-oriented, and a problem solver.
- Preparation of Daily Sales and Delivery Sales Report in excel
- Run daily reports from different sources (POS system, 3rd party delivery) and combine the information into one report. Send report out to ownership and management
- Fully responsible for the accuracy of the numbers. The candidate needs to be able to identify possible discrepancies on the report and investigate on his/her own first. If unable to address discrepancy after looking into every possible scenario, may contact other departments for resolution
- Reconcile In-Store sales in Restaurant365 by comparing to POS reports on a daily basis
- Bank Reconciliation
- Reconcile 10-15 bank accounts on a weekly basis
- Investigate variances using the same method described in the second sub-bullet point above
- Record Merchant Fees and make various journal entries to reconcile the bank accounts
- Communicate with multiple departments on a continuous basis (Controller, Director of Finance, Payroll Specialists, Operations) anytime something looks questionable (missing deposits and/or cash shortages) and proper document one off instances in Restaurant365
- Accounts Payable
- Scan invoices food and beverage invoices into online invoice processing platform
- Approve invoices previously scanned making sure that manager’s notes and credits are taken into consideration
- Import invoices from online platform into Restaurant365
- Enter other types of invoices such as repairs & maintenance according to the company’s approval process
- Handle all AP related communication through the centralized accounts payable email – cannot let it pile up
- Communicate with vendors on a regular basis about possible discrepancies on statements, skipped invoices, etc.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a weekly basis
- Participate in the process of cutting vendor checks on a regular basis and eventually taking over the process
- Prepare Sales Tax reports and pay Sales Tax on a monthly basis for 4 different states
- Record sales for House Accounts and bill the clients accordingly – receive payment in Restaurant365 when reconciling the bank accounts
- Enter Franchise sales and reconcile royalty payments
- Responsible for the company’s Commercial Card Program making sure all expenses are correctly categorized before importing the data into Restaurant365
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong foundation in Accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in the restaurant industry is required
- Attentive to detail and extremely accurate with his/her work
- Strong work ethic and ability to take ownership and initiative of tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly with the team
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills is preferred. Must be open to learn new skills and techniques in Excel that will improve daily workflow
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits (medical, dental)
- Fitness discounts
- Free meals while working
- Free annual gym membership
- Tax-Free commuter benefits
- Clear path with opportunities for development both in personal and professional life
Join our team!
We’re pleased to offer the following benefits:
All teammates receive free meals while they work, medical and dental benefits, gym and fitness studio discounts, wellness programs through 2BenefitU, and much more to support a fun and healthy lifestyle.
Free Gym Membership:
Live that healthy life! We offer FREE gym memberships for teammates who are with us for over a year!
We have strong development and promotion programs with no set waiting period before you can move up. Your career path is up to you- Lettuce us grow your potential!
Get free and healthy meals while working at Just Salad! Get your fill of tasty salads, wraps, market plates, toast boxes, smoothies and more!
We offer flexible hours for our teammates which is perfect for full-time students, busy parents, or someone who wants to start their career in the restaurant business.
Every day is a chance to serve some greens and make some GREEN! Every shift presents the opportunity to make up to 5 bonuses!
We offer pre-tax transit benefits for all NYC Just Salad teammates.
Fun Team Building:
We sponsor seasonal team-building exercises for each store, and annual basketball & soccer tournament, and more
Up to 184 hours of Paid Time-Off for Assistant Restaurant Team Leaders and up. 40 hours of paid sick time can also be accrued for NYC + NJ hourly teammates.