Front of House Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Join Wolfgang Puck’s flagship restaurant, Spago, located in Beverly Hills, CA, in providing high quality service to our guests in a warm, accommodating and professional manner.
We are seeking a seasoned and experienced Front of House Manager to join our team. This role is essential in setting the stage for a memorable dining experience.
Job Summary: The Manager supervises daily restaurant operations and ensure efficient operation as well as maintain high production, productivity, profitability and the established “Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group” standards in every aspect, while striving to continually improve guest satisfaction and maximize results in areas of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute and maintain quality and consistency of food, beverage and service with full adherence to standards; act with a sense of urgency, be friendly, professional, and engaged
- Provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, attentive, detailed, friendly, and courteous service
- Proactively interact with restaurant guests; build loyalty and face/name recognition
- Positively handle guest requests and accept feedback
- Regularly measure and evaluate service through restaurant service audits, and leveraging guest/employee feedback
- Maintain highest level of safety, security, sanitation, and cleanliness of restaurant
- Staff, train and develop guest-focused employees
- Assist with inventory counts, costs, and maintenance as specified by GM
- Assist in planning regular and special event menu
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises the front of house staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; discipline employees in conjunction with Human resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years manager experience preferably in fine dining operation
- Minimum 3 years restaurant supervisory experience
- Proficient in computer applications and POS systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills (motivating, delegation, conflict management)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining standards of operations
- Strong problem-solving, organization and time management skills
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills and professional presentation
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet high level standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound decision making capability
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organization and follow-up skills
- Must be effective at listening, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by guests
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.