- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Hunt Regional Healthcare in Greevnille TX is looking for a full time Coder.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for accurately coding all inpatient and observation accounts as well as assisting with the coding of other accounts as needed. All accounts should be completed within 5 days following discharge. This position will work remotely from home.
MAJOR TASKS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for final coding and DRG accuracy on all inpatient accounts.
- Accurately assign ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes to arrive at a DRG based on information provided in the patient record.
- Prompts medical staff physicians for additional documentation as needed to clarify DRG assignment, maintaining professional communication.
- Responsible for ensuring that no accounts remain un-coded > 5 days following patient discharge unless required documentation is needed.
- Responsible for responding to Patient Financial Services questions regarding coding assignments that generate errors within the billing editor.
- Responsible for maintaining an overall coding accuracy rate of 90% or greater and a DRG accuracy rate of 95% or greater.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Completion of college level coursework in Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology.
- Required: A minimum of three (3) years inpatient coding experience in an acute care hospital.
- Preferred coding experience in the following areas:
- Cardiology/Vascular Procedures (including but not limited to cardiac caths. and peripheral interventions)
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Required: C.S. credentials (Certified Coding Specialist – Hospital based), or RHIT or RHIA credentials.
- Preferred: Minimum education level of Associates Degree.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits