- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Hunt Regional Healthcare in Greevnille TX is looking for a full time Coder.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for accurately coding all inpatient and observation accounts as well as assisting with the coding of other accounts as needed. All accounts should be completed within 5 days following discharge. This position will work remotely from home.
MAJOR TASKS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for final coding and DRG accuracy on all inpatient accounts.
- Accurately assign ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes to arrive at a DRG based on information provided in the patient record.
- Prompts medical staff physicians for additional documentation as needed to clarify DRG assignment, maintaining professional communication.
- Responsible for ensuring that no accounts remain un-coded > 5 days following patient discharge unless required documentation is needed.
- Responsible for responding to Patient Financial Services questions regarding coding assignments that generate errors within the billing editor.
- Responsible for maintaining an overall coding accuracy rate of 90% or greater and a DRG accuracy rate of 95% or greater.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Completion of college level coursework in Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology.
- Required: A minimum of three (3) years inpatient coding experience in an acute care hospital.
- Preferred coding experience in the following areas:
- Cardiology/Vascular Procedures (including but not limited to cardiac caths. and peripheral interventions)
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Required: C.S. credentials (Certified Coding Specialist – Hospital based), or RHIT or RHIA credentials.
- Preferred: Minimum education level of Associates Degree.