- $40K - $50K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
fundamental LA (www.fundamental-la.com), a highly regarded restaurant and catering business, is currently looking to hire a new Sous Chef as it is expanding. The Sous Chef role is to effectively and efficiently run the kitchen operations of soon-to-be-open downtown restaurant. This role will require strong leadership and communication skills, and in-depth knowledge and experience of kitchen operations with a high volume of food prep, and quality control. Previous catering experience is a preferred.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the day to day operations of the kitchen including, but not limited to the below:
- Managing all kitchen staff
- Developing and delivering monthly changing menu as agreed by Ownership Team and Executive Chef
- Organize kitchen staff roster to reflect weekly changing schedule
- Hiring kitchen staff roster in collaboration with Management Team
- Quality control of all items leaving the kitchen- Ordering, managing costs, and other kitchen finances
- Compliance with all health and safety, and safe food handling practices
- Maintaining and ensuring all food leaving the kitchen is held to the highest standard
Email your resume!
750 S Grand Ave. Ste. 30
Los Angeles CA 90017
Fundamental is a locally owned restaurant bringing the best seasonal ingredients to the diverse populations of Downtown LA and Westwood.
We roast and hand slice our own meats and serve them on our bread, all made in house with an old world, natural starter.
Our downtown location has a bakery that features freshly baked croissants and pastries to enjoy with a latte by one of our trained baristas.
We offer sandwiches and salads to eat in house or call ahead and pick it up to go.
We look forward to being a fundamental part of your everyday routine!