CAFE ASSOCIATE w/opportunities for job evolution
- $13.25 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
As a Pitchoun Café Associate, you will assist customers and provide the best service possible to each and every customer, according to the Pitchoun service principles. Pitchoun is dedicated to its employees and their ultimate success and has the utmost respect for each employee while providing them the support to succeed in their respective positions.
Position reports to : CAFE LEAD & STORE MANAGER
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Be punctual and maintain a good attendance record.
- Maintain a clean and polished appearance, wearing the designated uniform.
- Be familiar with and abides by all Pitchoun policies, procedures and systems. Perform all side work and daily job expectations according to schedule.
- Be professional on all levels while clocked in or on company premises. Leaves issues not related to work, outside of work. Comes to work with a positive attitude and outlook on the day.
- Communicates to Management daily and throughout shift to optimize productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains the utmost integrity and honesty while employed at Pitchoun
- Love food!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greets and seats guests as needed
- Understands throughput and speed of service
- Multi-tasker, must be able to do all FOH operations : serving plates, making coffees & teas every day as well as our other home-mades drinks, bussing and keeping clean tables and clean silverware/dinnerware.
- Display deli dry food items and organize a nice facing, restocking items when necessary & labeling them
- Keep all areas clean and organized, assisting in cleaning tables, dishes, bathrooms, trash removal when needed.
- Assist in setting up patio furniture and maintenance of outside fixtures and seating area.
- Provide an irreprochable customer experience by serving guests quickly, efficiently and in a pleasant manner. Ensures customer satisfaction with each and every customer contact. Report issues related to customers immediately to the Store Manager and try to solve it efficiently if it’s not a major issue.
- Develop long-lasting relationships with the neighborhood. Acknowledge those who visit the store frequently. We focus on neighborhood relationships and want neighbors to feel like home at Pitchoun.
- Know perfectly Pitchoun products, has full knowledge of bread, pastry and kitchen process. Learn about each product on the menu & its ingredients, is able to describe the menu items and to make smart suggestions to our customers. Understand the relationship of our products to the French culture and background of the owners.
- Maintain and consolidate pastry and bread displays throughout the day appropriately
- Handle sales transactions at retail counter and handle sales order thru our Order online system as well as thru third parties
- Uses techniques supported by training on suggestive selling and up selling in order to boost store sales and increase satisfaction.
- Follow Pitchoun cash handling policies and requirements as per described by the Store Manager
- Complete all opening and closing procedures.
- Answer the phone when needed with proper etiquette and take orders over the phone
- Assist in decorating store for seasonal events, watering the plants regularly
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); experience and/or training in customer service/ retail environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience ; experience of the FOH positions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have strong, positive interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent computer skills. Constant computer/POS Register use.
- Must be detail oriented ; Energetic and exemplifies a passion for quality and a desire for knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to deal with stressful situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps.
- Constant computer/POS Register.
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around counter
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors.
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances.
- Clean black shoes
- Clean black outfit (black pants/jeans and black shirt/jacket)
- Clean Pitchoun black Tshirt (provided)
- Clean Pitchoun orange apron (provided)
- Clean Pitchoun black beret hat (provided)