- $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
JOB TITLE: Banquet Captain
STATUS: Team member
DIVISION: Food and Beverage
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Catering Coordinator
WORK HOURS: Employee will be required to work day or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends. Scheduling flexibility is required.
The purpose of this position is to manage, plan and direct the banquet operations including service, and set-up of service. The position will partner closely with the Dining and Culinary departments to ensure the banquet operations can meet the demands of the Members and their Guest successfully.
- Directs the work of Associates
- Appraise Associates productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other status changes
- Involves the Banquet Manager/F&B Director in situations that require disciplinary action
- Plans the shift work
- Apportions the work among associates
- Responsible for end-of-shift duties including, but not limited to, billing, cleaning event space and all work areas, returning banquet bar inventory, and releasing staff. Partner with the Culinary department to provide timely and accurate food service.
- Oversees all banquet service operations and ensures that all banquet service details are executed. Assist in ensuring that events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Review Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) at the beginning of each shift to ensure rooms are set as contracted. Confirm and setup A/V equipment needs to contract for the event.
- Responsible for the performance of the banquet service staff, including direct supervision for the banquet staff. Provides leadership to the staff in the absence of the Banquet Manager.
- Collaborate with Catering/Sales, Food & Beverage managers and Culinary team to ensure that quality service is provided for all meeting and banquet guest.
- Manage the cost and quality control of banquets services.
- Be an active liaison between the guest and other Club staff to ensure outstanding service while maintaining company procedures and complying with company policies.
- Maintains all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager/F&B Director
- Performs monthly inventories and orders as needed in collaboration with the Banquet Manager.
- Complete administrative task as assigned by Banquet Manager.
- Required to work indoor/outdoor setting and with a varying schedule to include evenings, holiday sand extended hours as business dictates. Ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Discretion/ Independent Judgment
- This position does represent the Club in handlining complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. A Banquet Captain will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Reports to