Service Technician - Commercial Sow Division
- $0.00 Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is to lead and manage multiple sow farm sites. The focus will be centered on the daily care and welfare of the animals, overall herd health and production efficiency, while providing leadership and development to a team of managers.
- Plan and direct all production phases on multiple farms.
- Meet district-specific and company-set goals.
- Ensure that all biosecurity protocols are followed.
- Actively and effectively communicate with farm management, staff, head service personnel and Veterinarian staff.
- Provide leadership through training, team meetings and goal setting.
- Ensure all safety procedures are in place to protect the farm staff and the animals.
- Understand and develop financial goals for area of operation keeping in mind production goals.
- Promote a safe, professional and positively motivating work environment.
- Maintain miscellaneous inventories such as feed, supplies and medication.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of livestock management and handling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with basic Spanish being a plus.
- Ability to manage time and priorities.
- Ability to recognize problems and take a proactive approach to resolve.
- Ability to lead by example and maintain a positive working environment.
- A degree within the agricultural field preferred.
- Seasoned work experience within the Pork Industry Required.