HOSPITALITY RECRUITER / HR SPECIALIST - WEDDINGS & EVENTS - HOSPITALITY
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Wedgewood Weddings is the nation's largest independent chain of special event facilities. Wedgewood operates 40 venues from coast to coast in the United States and is currently expanding throughout the nation. We’re the largest family-owned event facility business in the United States. Our collection of beautiful ceremony and reception venues range from country clubs and gardens to historical mansions.
Wedgewood’s trademark Valservenience offers its guests unparalleled "Value, Service and Convenience". We are super proud of our “Wedge Culture”. We LOVE what we do and it shows!
Wedgewood is hiring a Recruiter/ HR Specialistlto join our People & Culture Team. This individual will join the Director of People & Culture in recruiting top hospitality talent for all of our locations and will assist with traditional HR reporting and task management. The person filling this role will lead, guide and manage the day-to-day recruiting needs of the entire company as well as a variety Human Resources functions and duties.
We are NOT an uptight HR/Personnel division. It is our employees at each location that make our weddings and events fabulous, so we work hard to recruit, train and nurture the best talent we can find.
The position is eligible to participate in our insurance program that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance. We also have a 401k program after one year of service that has a company match!
The Recruiter/HR Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Recruitment, both through traditional methods and proactive outreach.
- Maintain all job postings on all job boards and relationships with those vendors.
- Resume review, pre-screening, and interviewing for all levels of positions throughout the organization.
- Administrating the on-boarding process, including ATS management, issuing candidate assessments, maintaining new hire paperwork, and creating offer letters.
- Benefits administration and support.
- Coordinate college recruiting efforts through career fairs, relationships with hospitality schools, and college postings.
- Weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting on retention and recruitment efforts.
- Training and support for all employees on recruiting, hiring and retention.
- Represent the brand and culture to internal and external candidates.
- Improve retention through the quarterly employee newsletter and other initiatives.
- Other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of four years working in a Recruiting/Human Resources environment, with experience in all disciplines of Recruitment and Human Resources.
- Diplomatic, strategic thinker who can work independently.
- Previous experience in the hospitality or tourism industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an HR or PHR certification preferred.
Our candidates must:
- Be an inherently a strong communicator.
- Possess a strong ethical business character.
- Be able to manage multiple projects, handle pressure, organize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Exhibit excellent follow through on task assignments.
- Have attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Have experience with confidential collection and assessment of sensitive data.
- Be experienced with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) software.
We look forward to reviewing your resume and application.
We are UNIQUE and you must be too! Thank you for your time.
At Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Centers, we are committed to being a great place to work! From growth opportunities to our dynamic "Wedge" culture, we work hard to provide a foundation for building successful careers. To be one of us, you need to have these building blocks:
- Fiery passion for success in the wedding/event industry
- Devotion to hospitality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flawless communication skills
Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people in the industry who share our philosophy. Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, brilliant guest service and individual accountability. Would you like to join us? We hope so!