- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Sushi Cook will provide chefs the timely and quality preparation of foods using a variety of equipment and utensils in an effort to continuously operate a highly regarded restaurant on a local and national level. He/She will also maintain the cooking environment clean and safe for all staff members and flexibly takes on various culinary tasks as they arise.
- Ensure quality of food – this includes ensuring that all items are prepared accurately and to the highest of standards before being sent out of the kitchen
- Clean and filet fish – this includes skillfully cleaning and cutting a variety of fish
- Make and prepare handrolls, and other food items
- Sushi Chefs prepare foods that meet current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations by following established policies and procedures and ensures that safe and high-quality food service is provided at all times
- Prepares all types of Japanese Cuisine and must have superior knife skills
- create exciting visual presentations while positively interacting with customers.
Work EnvironmentMostly indoor dining working environment in a restaurant that handles a variety of fish, seafood, vegetables, fruits, wheat products, rice, dry seaweed, sauces, and many other food and beverage products. Candidates with food allergies must inform management during the application process. Noise levels may vary depending on how busy the restaurant is. Kitchen is an enclosed environment with a single food dispatch window with a view of the entire dining floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time. Job requires handling of knives in order to filet and clean fish and constant contact with a variety of seafood and other food products. Job requires some bending and kneeling in order to reach certain items. Job requires moderate lifting up to 60 lbs Job requires maneuvering between tabletops, kitchen equipment, and corners.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Possess knowledge of restaurant kitchen procedures, basic knife skills
- 1+ year experience in an upscale, high volume environment is required
- 3+ year minimum of sushi-Chef experience
- Display a positive and friendly attitude at all times
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to Provide top customer service
- Educate customers and staff about our products and processes
- Make recommendations
- Adhere to the company’s food allergy policies
- Handle food in a safe and hygienic manner that adheres to all company and government policies and protocols.
- Work in a team
- Communicate well with staff, management, and customers, even under pressure