- $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
At Black Bear Diners, we have been serving Good Old Fashioned Family Food since 1995. We are a fun, family-friendly concept known for our great homemade food, large portions and genuine, friendly service. The overall responsibility for cooks is to provide great food to guests so that every guest is satisfied and wants to return.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Consistently prepare, cook, plate and finish all food items according to Black Bear Diner procedures and standards.
• Comply with all food safety requirements such as checking and maintaining temperature, dating and labeling products, rotating products so that oldest is used first.
• Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, burners, ovens and refrigeration equipment.
• Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
• Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Complete side work for station and shift.
• Close the kitchen correctly. Follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing stations and the kitchen.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
Able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
Able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
Able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
Able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds up to 30 times per shift.
Able to communicate positively and effectively with all other employees.
Basic ability to read English to understand kitchen tickets.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.