- $16.71 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position: Front Desk Agent/PBX Operator
Department: Guest Services
Position Purpose: To meet all guests needs in an efficient and courteous manner according to hotel standards and procedures.
- Greet and welcome all arriving guest, process check ins and departures as well as necessary payments.
- Handle and coordinate room assignments and accommodate guest requests.
- Offer referral for information and handle brief concierge requests.
- Handle group arrivals.
- Receives and resolves guest’s complaints.
- Promote and invite guests to use hotel’s restaurant and facilities.
- Maintain cleanliness of work stations and lobby appearance.
- Stock and prepare necessary material for each shift.
- Monitor Front desk areas for safety, security and appearance and reports any injuries, accidents or problems as necessary.
- Maintains efficient communication with other departments (ie: Housekeeping/engineering/Sales)
- Responsible for accurate cash control and ensuring that all funds are accounted for and deposits made according to policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional attitude and good organizational skills.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications, industry software knowledge is an asset.
- High school diploma is required
- Post secondary training in hotel or tourism management is an asset
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset.