- $18.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
HomeState is a Texas restaurant in Los Angeles. We use the best ingredients we can get, make our food with love, and treat each other and our guests like family.
They say you can’t choose your family, but in this case, we can! And here’s what we’re looking for: A passion for hospitality, genuine warmth and energy, honesty, reliability and patience.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to join us. At the moment we are looking for great team members, and if you’re one of them, we want to meet you!
CATERING COORDINATOR (CC) JOB DESCRIPTION
Work with the Director of Catering to respond and fulfill catering orders. Timely answer phone and email inquiries, accurately input all information in TripleSeat, prepare event order to distribute amongst appropriate HomeState locations, ensure operations and chef teams have all information that is required to fulfill order, close events and assist with off site events. Maintain packing materials and keep workstation supplies stocked catering department. Deliver, pick-up and transportation of large orders, reporting, operations, service, safety and maintenance and other duties as assigned by management. Must be organized and detailed orientated with a positive attitude that promotes teamwork and an exemplary image of HomeState.
CC will be expected to work all hours as posted on schedule based on the availability provided to the scheduling managers. Must be available to work daytime, evening and weekends (if applicable).
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Respond to all guest inquiries in timely manner
- Keep guest and order information organized in TripleSeat as outlined by Director of Catering
- Ensure accuracy of event orders and distribute timely to each location via email
- Maintain the catering clipboards at Hollywood location
- Prepared all disposables and packing materials for large orders
- Organize, stock, and maintain catering packing station
- Organize and maintain inventory of catering equipment
- Organize and post upcoming kitchen orders
- Communicate with kitchen team and management on upcoming orders
- Close out events by ensuring the order is on Toast POS and totals are reconciled.
- Assist Catering Director with other duties as needed such as, but not limited to preparing proposals, off-site events and driving catering sales.
Delivery and Pickup
- Develop and maintain an efficient routing system in the most efficient, economical manner possible.
- Ensure all order items (food, beverage, ice, paper goods, serving utensils, blue paper labels, emergency kit, invoice, and applicable checklists) are accounted for prior to leaving HomeState catering kitchen and pick up scheduled times.
- Develop and maintain an organized and efficient loading and unloading system
- Verify all items listed on the order are delivered
- Take photo for full set-up orders
- Communicate reheating and serving procedures to host
- Invoicing all products delivered promptly and accurately, submitting daily reports, and informing your Director of Catering of outstanding conditions.
- Ensure all cash receipts are turned in daily and are accurate
- Submit daily reports as requested
- Inform your supervisor of potential problems or potential new business opportunities
- Assist in maintaining efficient operations when not making deliveries or completing reports
- Maintain all vehicles (fuel, exterior wash, interior cleaning, and organization, oil check, parking)
- Organize and maintain all storage areas (indoor storage room and outdoor shed)
- Assemble orders for delivery
- Load and unload vehicles
- Receiving all inventory
- Perform regular cleaning tasks such (sweeping and wiping prep areas)
- Participate in outreach and market research to drive catering business
- Follow up on old events and tentative events to secure any potential events
- Work within assigned marketing initiative to assist with online postings (ie catering yelp page, etc), email campaigns, social media, and special projects to support overall marketing plan.
- Providing customer service that will result in greater catering sales
- Greet guests and party hosts promptly and courteously with a genuine smile and greeting. Thank hosts for their business.
- Promptly and courteously answer phone calls and emails
- Work with clients to resolve urgent concerns and report any issues to your supervisor
- Actively work to increase personal skills and knowledge
- Attend meetings as requested
- Report in uniform, including clean and proper restaurant attire and be well groomed
- Retain all customer relationships and ensure repeat business
Safety and Maintenance
- Deliver orders safely, follow protocols, and safely operate and maintain delivery vehicles
- Observe and report any unusual activity, problems, and client complaints to your supervisor
- Observe OSHA, state and federal safety and sanitation regulations
- Follow all company procedures
- Maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Maintain servsafe certificate
- Operate a delivery vehicle safely
- Report any unsafe equipment or working conditions to your supervisor
- Allow no passengers on delivery vehicles who have not been approved by your supervisor
- Maintain the delivery vehicle
- Catering Assistant will uphold company policies and perform other duties as assigned by management
- Detailed orientated and organized
- Verbal communication skills
- Math & reading skills
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking
- Customer service & guest relations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Regular and dependable attendance
- Self motivated
- Strong computer skills in Mac environment; proficient Google email and drive, knowledge of TripleSeat, Toast POS Adobe Illustrator or Adobe creative suite a plus.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler certifications required.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a hospitality service position in another food and beverage establishment with a similar capacity and clientele.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Be able to work in a standing or sitting position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours excluding breaks), lift items up to 40lbs and conduct frequent hand washing.