Resource Nurse/Wound Nurse
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
This position encompasses a variety of duties, including organizing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the overall day-to-day operation of the Providence Place nursing organization. Provides case management, supervises and performs direct and indirect care to residents in accordance with resident care plans and physician orders and maintains a safe and healthful environment. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in the use and function of nursing principles. Strong written and oral communication skills. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, resident's families, visiting doctors and internal business partners. Must possess the ability to maintain composure under pressure. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. The Resource Nurse will possess a genuine interest in and concern for all Glencroft Residents.
- Monitors, directs, supervises and acts as resource for certified nurse assistants and other nursing personnel in the day-to-day functions of the nursing department to assure individual needs of each resident are met. Initiates and assists in monitoring, directing and supervision of nurse assistants without direction and/or reminders from the Director of Nursing. F658 Services Provided Meet Professional Standards, 35 Nursing Services F659 Qualified Persons
- Interacts with and maintains good working relationships with staff, family members, physicians, physician designees, referral sources, provider representatives, and other health care professionals in the community.
- Interacts with all internal and external Departments and to facilitate admissions, in-house transfers and discharges; performs and/or reviews pre-admission nursing assessments of potential residents; determines whether facility can meet needs of potential residents prior to admission.
- Interacts with staffing office in determining and meeting staffing needs of nursing units; participates in interviewing, hiring and orienting of nursing staff, including mandatories recurring training.
- Participates in setting departmental performance standards, goals and objectives and in establishing and implementing policies and procedures for the nursing department; serves on Nursing Policy & Procedure Committees; acts as resource for nursing personnel in interpreting and complying with facility policies and procedures.
- Visits all new residents as soon as possible after admission and assures systems that foster customer service are in place. Performs and audits nursing assessments on all new admits within 24 hours.
- Directs and supports the development of individual staff skills and knowledge to meet resident needs by monitoring and evaluating in-service education needs of nursing staff. Together with Staff Development, implements needed education in compliance with regulatory requirements and resident needs.
- Responsible for counseling, coaching, mentoring, and disciplinary actions of all employees under the nursing department.
- Along with the Director of Nursing, is responsible for staff turnover, staffing PPD’s, evaluation of staff and the development of staff on an individual basis.
- Participates in care conference meetings, utilization review meetings, and team meetings, as requested by the Director of Nursing.
- Performs all duties of Resource Nurse competently and with a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Monitors compliance of documentation, policies and systems for the accuracy of med sheets, treatment sheets, ADL’s, nurses charting, decubiti assessments, vital signs and I&O sheets are completed by using the daily check list.
- Participates in setting departmental performance standards, goals, and objectives and in establishing and implementing policies and procedures for the nursing department; serves on Nursing Policy & Procedure Committees; acts as resource for nursing personnel in interpreting and complying with facility policies and procedures.
- Participates in quality assurance and total quality management of Nursing Department in accordance with nursing practice standards and facility policy & procedures; develops monitoring tools to identify problem areas and recommends and implements corrective action; is self-directed in reviewing all incident reports and oversees follow-up actions; oversees and monitors infection control records, skin at risk and pressure ulcers; is a member of and reports for Nursing Department to the Total Quality Management Committee.
- Serves as an ambassador of goodwill to all potential and current residents and staff.
- Monitors and ensures the administration of medications and treatments are accurately and promptly documented according to physician orders and facility policy and procedures.
- Monitors staff’s accurate and timely documentation in medical records of care delivered to each resident in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Monitors staff documentation of changes in condition of resident and reporting to physician, nursing supervisor, lead nurse, and family in timely manner in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Participates in team conferences and staff meetings, as needed.
- Assists with obtaining medications and medical supplies necessary to meet the needs of the resident.
- Monitors availability, cleanliness and safety of equipment used by resident.
- Practices Standard Precautions and infection control measures and observes safety precautions and protocols in the performance of all duties and at all times while on facility premises.
- Demonstrates respect for resident by maintaining resident's dignity and confidentiality, providing privacy and abiding by the resident's Bill of Rights.
- Responsible for attending in-services to include company-sponsored leadership courses, and staff meetings, as required by facility policies and procedures.
- Ensures that staff respond in answering, in an expedient manner, all call lights within sight and hearing.
- Greets all visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, provides information and guidance.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned, including duties of the Director of Nursing in his/or absence.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Responsible for nursing personnel compliances regarding licensure, TB tests, and mandatories.
- Administers rewards and recognition incentives to nursing employees.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting to nursing employees of department and corporate information.
- Works closely with Staffing Coordinator to ensure optimal staffing ratio.
- Participates in and performs annual performance evaluations for nursing department. Awards annual wage adjustments, with concurrence of the Director of Nursing and the Human Resources Department, according to performance evaluations and budgetary constraints.
- Nurse who is competent in wound management and will work with a interdisciplinary wound care team to monitor a variety of wounds and their healing process, and they also care directly for the patient, promoting healthy and rapid healing of a wide variety of wounds.
- Works with Hospice and outside wound clinics while monitoring progress and promoting collaborative care for wound management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.