- $35K - $40K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!
Accountable for the overall leadership of a Fleet Feet market, developing the team and the business. Success in this role is achieved by putting people first and maximizing sales and profitability through implementing brand initiatives and systems while closely managing operating costs. Fleet Feet is looking for a results-inspired leader to be accountable for the overall store, customer, and community experience. Each Store Operator has a suite of resources available to help them achieve goals that include Human Resources, Buying, Marketing, Finance and a General Manager. Store Operators are accountable for developing and building a positive and inclusive culture in and around the business while contributing to the overall running culture in the community. When you join Fleet Feet, you are joining a community that ignites and promotes running and fitness. If you are looking to work, sweat, and live passionately through leadership and service to the community, let us know why, by applying today.
- Work to continuously build a strong customer base by designing and implementing store events and programs; identifying marketing and promotional opportunities in conjunction with the Marketing Manager through the use of advertising, sales promotion, space, and floor planning; utilize forecasting to ensure sales, stock holding, margin, and availability is optimized.
- Work to consistently achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget with the General Manager, hitting payroll goals, maintaining accurate inventories with <2% variance, and initializing corrective actions.
- Implement brand initiatives, systems and best practices at the local store level.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the Company by complying with state and federal legal requirements including; equal employment opportunity, minimum wage, meal periods, and safety obligations.
- Lead and influence the community by developing relationships with local leaders in business, non-profit and running organizations, and more.
- Formulate pricing policies in conjunction with the buying department, by reviewing merchandising activities, outlining sales promotions, authorizing clearance sales, and studying trends.
- Create or oversee the creation of employee schedules to ensure adequate coverage for store operations based on day to day sales volumes.
- Build and maintain store staff through recruiting and selecting qualified associates; orient and train staff on fit, customer engagement, and sales technique in conjunction with the Retail Experience Manager (RXM).
- Utilize coaching, counseling, and corrective action techniques to enhance employee performance.
- Identify and coach employees with potential to grow within the Fleet Feet brand.
- Actively participate in employee development and engagement by using tools such as on-the-job training, performance metrics, and systematic performance reviews.
- Be the leader in customer engagement and education as it related to proper fit, product usage, and injury treatment and prevention.
- Proactively respond to customer and employee questions and issues in a timely, professional manner.
- Be the community leader and resource as it relates to maintaining an active lifestyle and health and wellness.
- Maintain professional and technical working knowledge through attending educational workshops, both Company-sponsored and non-Company sponsored, review publications, establish and maintain personal networks, and participate in professional societies as it relates to the Company’s mission.
- Other duties as required and directed by the General Manager and Ownership to ensure legal compliance, and the continued success of the Fleet Feet brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Part of a large organization that acts small.
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Training and advancement opportunities within the Fleet Feet brand
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.