Fine Dining Line Cook
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
For over 55 years, The Firehouse Restaurant has become synonymous with outstanding wine, delicious food, unparalleled service and elegant affairs. Our inventive approach to intimate dining fuses sophistication with everyday excellence in the heart of Old Sacramento. The Firehouse showcases the region’s most extensive wine collection, with a menu featuring the freshest local ingredients in an inviting classic atmosphere.
The Firehouse Restaurant, Sacramento’s most award-winning fine dining restaurant, is seeking a dynamic Line Cook to join its team.
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing assigned food items following the recipes and portion control guidelines set by the restaurant. The Line Cook must be able to works weekends, nights and holidays. The requirements/functions of the position may change over the course of employment.
- Performs duties for the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Responsible for organization of station at all times.
- Maintains cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service.
- Works with standard dinner recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste, and quality.
- Ensures prep list and line are set up completely.
- Monitors the quality of foods received.
- Keeps all areas in kitchen clean at all times.
- Ensures proper handling and rotation of food products.
- Ensures proper closing and opening procedures are followed for kitchen.
- Able to work on broiler, sauté, and pantry areas.
- Know and follow sanitary food handling procedures
Qualified candidates must have:
- Graduate of culinary school preferred.
- 5 years of cooking experience.
- Understand how to use a variety of food service equipment including knives, pots and pans, ovens and grills, food processors and slicers.