- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Plan Do See America, a global hospitality brand, seeks passionate baristas, to join their team in pursuit of infinite success of the highly anticipate Cafe, Kintsugi, opening in July 2018 located within Eaton DC Hotel on the corner of 12th& K St NW. Kintsugi is an all day (6:30-8PM week-day/with abbreviated hours on the weekend), 40+ seat cafe, that is committed to nourishing our guests body and mind with the best locally sourced ingredients while delivering discrete friendly service. We seek individuals that are committed to our missions, practices, and those who thrive on every step of service!
The Barista is responsible to provides customers with prompt, quality beverage selection, purchase, and preparation. The barista ensures guests will experience a friendly, upbeat, and clean atmosphere.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Welcome each guests personally.
• Prepare and present quality beverages using a variety of equipment and utensils according to established recipe and presentation standards in the café.
• Ensure that each and every guest is served in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
• Describe details of menu items and new products to guests, suggest products that might appeal to them and answer any inquiries.
• Receive and process guest payments.
• Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, and bagels.
• Stock guest service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
• Order, receive and stock supplies and retail products.
• Responsible for product quality and safety including but not limited to milk, pastry and fruits.
• Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
• Clean and sanitize work areas, service and seating areas, utensils, and equipment.
• Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• One (1) years of experience as barista.
• High school diploma.
• Food Handlers permit required.
• Basic Math Skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
• Professional writing skills.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Judgment and Decision Making
• Organizational skills.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Exposure to extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
• The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
• Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
• Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constant walking with some standing.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop.
• Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
• Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.