- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Wolfgang Puck is opening his celebrated Bar & Grill restaurant in Disney Springs in October.
We are seeking to hire Stewards to join the team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoys working with people.
Job Summary: The Steward is required to maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas in a clean and sanitary manner by following the cleaning schedules and adhering to the health and hygiene regulations and company policy and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or in conveyor to dishwashing machine.
- Washes pots, pans, kitchen tools and trays.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors, banquet service areas and hallways.
- Washes worktables, walls, kitchen hood ventilation panels, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Steam cleans and/or hoses garbage cans, kitchen mats and all kitchen carts and Queen Marys.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Keep deep fryers and kitchen equipment including slicers clean and free of debris.
- Stores food, supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the Stewarding Supervisor or a senior person.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 2 years steward experience
- Proper practice of sanitation and general hygiene
- Ability to read and/or follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced kitchen environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.