Cleaning Technician (Temporary)
- $13.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Cleaning Technician team member carries out various maintenance duties for all properties controlled by Veterans Village of San Diego as assigned by the Facilities Director or Facilities Coordinator.
- Performs tasks such as cleaning and disinfecting.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies, supply requests, or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma and at least one (1) year of previous work experience in the area of Facilities
- Basic knowledge of NFPA—National Fire Protection Association’s Code.
- Knowledge of or interest in fixing things that are broken
- Veteran status preferred
- Ability to utilize independent judgment;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at a time and problem solve in an efficient manner
- Communicate orally and verbally in English
- Capable of learning new technology
- Show integrity to complete tasks according to standard operating procedures with little supervision
- Ability to sense and abate safety hazards
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to operate Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.