- $10.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Malibu Cafe is hiring Line Cooks right now!!
Job Duties Include:
A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items on the grill pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
1. Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
2. Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
3. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
4. Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
5. Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
6. Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
7. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
8. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or
Manager at any time.
1. Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
2. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
3. Previous prep or line cook experience (1+ years experience)
1. English language and professional communications skills are required. Bilingual a plus.
2. Ability to take direction.
3. Ability to work in a team environment.
4. Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
5. Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
6. Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
About Malibu Cafe:
Four generations ago the Calamigos Ranch opened its first restaurant on the same spot where the Malibu Cafe Country Kitchen and Bar is located. Owned and operated as it is today, by the Gerson Family, the first (of many) signature items was born; the Calamigos Barbeque Sauce.
With their roots planted firmly in the cowboy lifestyle, illustrating the rugged brand of living off the land, Grant and Helen Walter Gerson created what is today known as Calamigos Ranch.
Over 50 years later, we would like to welcome you back to Calamigos Ranch for a dining experience wrapped deeply in rustic California heritage, honoring the cowboys and cowgirls that came before us, for a fashion cuisine unlike any other.
We welcome you to the Malibu Cafe, a breathtaking dining experience we call Nouveau Barbeque. With signature dishes created generations ago, paired with modern cooking techniques and flavors, we are proud to honor our ancestors and introduce you to a few of the many things that make California timeless.
Quietly nestled in the heart of the Santa Monica Mountains in Malibu Wine Country, Calamigos Ranch is the only destination event ranch for weddings, conferences, company picnics, private getaways, and more.
Since 1936, Calamigos Ranch has been its own unique chapter in Malibu’s history. Before the small town was known worldwide as a getaway for wellness, relaxation, and events, Grant and Helen Walter Gerson saw it’s potential. They envisioned a beautiful property where people could experience nature and leisure together close to everything Malibu has to offer.
Experience over 250 acres of Calamigos Ranch with a footprint from the hills above Malibu all the way to the Calamigos Beach Club and the sandy shores of the Pacific. For over 80 years the Gerson Family welcomes you, and your most special guests, to Calamigos Ranch.