Restaurant General Manager
- $68K - $75K Annual Salary
- 401K / Retirement, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities.
Located in the heart of Washington D.C. Plan Do See Restaurant General Manager would be working at The Eaton hotel which is a sanctuary for thought leaders and pioneers. It is a gathering place for the most dynamic neighborhood talent and progressive voices from all over the globe. Eaton provides the optimal conditions for change makers to be their best selves. Food & Beverage venues would include Kintsugi Café, Co-work Eaton House cafe, Allegory bar, In-Room Dining, American Son Restaurant, Wild Days Bar, and Banquet/Events.
The right candidate for this exceptional opportunity will be able to exhibit passion for excellence, flair for service, and lifestyle and possess a level of confidence in their sophistication and style. Under the guidance of Food & Beverage Director. General Manager will lead various F&B operations housed in a new amazing Washington DC development.
The General Manager will be a crucial element to the success of the operation and responsible for upholding high standards of service and true hospitality as well as consistently infusing the staff with an “above and beyond” mentality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish a restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Establish goals for the floor service, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the services, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
- Attracts guests by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Maintain operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implement production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards; determine and implement system improvements.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred guests.
- Operate restaurants to specifications, upholding high standards, impeccable service.
- Be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality product.
- Interviews, supervises, encourage, mentor, coach, train, develop, and evaluates staff.
- Hold all team members and managers accountable for their areas of responsibility and clearly articulated expectations.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all other departments.
- Manage monthly food, beverage, labor expenses to the budget, minimizing expenses and overtime.
- Oversee the ordering and inventory control of foods and beverages, supplies, and ensure that paperwork is processed for bookkeeping and payment.
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity.
- Act as a liaison between the community and the operation.
- Continually strive for a better understanding and education of the restaurant’s offerings, be they food, liquor or other beverage.
- Well educated in beverage industry, an extensive understanding of wines, spirits and trends in the industry.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as GM/ F&B Manager in a standalone restaurant or hotel/resort background.
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- Must have Washington DC Food Handler Card and ABRA Certified Manager
- High school diploma.
- A general knowledge and understanding of Washington, DC current events, cultural and culinary happenings.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Proficient in Micros, Posi-touch, Silverware, Aloha and/or other POS systems.
- Knowledge of guest experience, and interdepartmental relations new hires training and continuing education of current staff on food, wine and cocktail specifications.
- GM/F&B Manager experience in luxury resort, hotel or upper casual/fine dining restaurant.
- Maitre D experience.
- Experience with inventory and ordering of restaurant goods.
- Understanding of Department of labor standards.
- College degree.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
- Proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
- A strong guest service aptitude.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Capable of analyzing business outcomes and scheduling appropriately.
- Conflict resolution sensibility, both with staff and guests.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant walking, sitting, and standing.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate to loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.
Eaton DC is located in the heart of downtown at 1201 K Street NW, Washington, DC, 20005. Upon opening, Eaton DC will have 209 hotel rooms, a live radio station, a 50-person cinema, a wellness center with yoga, meditation and alternative treatments, large event space, rotating art exhibits and a co-working members club, in addition to its beverage and dining offerings. For more information and to join the Eaton Workshop community for exclusive opening news, please visit Eaton Workshop’s website at http://eatonworkshop.com/.