- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
Line Cooks have an essential role to why, and how, Interstellar functions. We are on the search for Line Cooks who have a skill set and passion for cooking, presentation, and service.
• Minimum 2-3 year experience on the line
• Paid time off
• Passion for cooking
• Knowledge of at least 2 different cuisines
• ServSafe Food handler’s license
• Degree from a Culinary Arts training program preferred
• Strong time management, work ethic and organizational skills
• Eligible to work in the United States, and 18 years of age or older
• Ability to exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 8 hours in length
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude
• Must be comfortable working in front of guests. We are an open kitchen, in direct view of customers.
• Exceptional detail to cleaning and organizing
• Cook menu items as instructed by the Head Chef
• Answer, report to, and follow direct instructions from the Head Chef and General Manager
• Breakdown station -includes cleaning, organizing equipment, and labeling and storing food.
• Comply with sanitation and safety regulations
• Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, kitchen rules, and quality standards.
• Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for services, and prep during downtime
• Help open and close restaurant
Interstellar is defined as: the space between two stars.
These stars represent our two cultures, Korean-American, and we identify with this space in between. Southern California is a melting pot of many different cultures and we strive to offer our guests delicious food that incorporates a variety of flavors from around the world. Our food is based on the concept of being “limitless” and bound to no specific cuisine.
Our goal is to help start off people’s day with a bright smile accompanied by awesome coffee food and wine.
This unique brunch space turns into a cozy, yet vibrant beer & wine spot at night.
We are looking for individuals who can help create a genuine, fun, positive and upbeat environment for both our team and guests. Our focus is heavily on genuine hospitality and exceptional quality.