NOW HIRING! Porters!
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Porter’s primary role is to maintain a clean restaurant. The Porter is a restaurant support
professional who works with speed and efficiency to maintain a sanitary and clean restaurant to
ensure an extraordinary guest experience.
summary of essential functions
▪ Clean and maintain bathrooms which will require bending, reaching, stooping, lifting, and
working with cleaning agents
▪ Sweep and Mop in Front of the House and Heart of the House
▪ Empty garbage and recycling on a consistent basis
▪ Clean Windows and Doors with appropriate cleaning agent
▪ Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the patio area
▪ Participate in the organizing the receiving of kitchen inventory
▪ May be exposed to allergens such as nuts, seeds, soy, shellfish, and dairy
▪ High school diploma (or equivalent) encouraged
▪ Able to read documents and written instructions to understand sanitation requirements, safety
rules, equipment operation and maintenance, policies, and standard operating procedures
▪ Certification in food safety and sanitation a plus
▪ Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays
▪ Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
▪ High energy and stamina
▪ Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile, yet small space environment Able to stand,
kneel, bend, and walk for up to 8 hours per day
▪ Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
▪ Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location
▪ Ability to perform essential functions to company standards with reasonable accommodation
A Culture of Caring
matchbox is more than just pizza and mini-burgers. We’re a community-driven restaurant group that brings people together. Our food is the draw, but it’s our team members working together that create an experience that brings guests back time and again.
The Secret Sauce
At matchbox, people are everything. From restaurant spaces to warm, attentive service, to clean, attractive environments, and fresh, quality food, we work together to make things happen for our guests and team members.
What We Offer
Competitive salary, structured and comprehensive new-hire training, a framework for career development within a high-growth company, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k benefits and more!
All in the Family
A great company is made of great people. And matchbox is made of talented professionals who take pride in delivering extraordinary experiences for others. If that sounds like you, join the matchbox family!