Staff RN - Day Surgery
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
- The post anesthesia care unit staff RN will provide safe, quality and cost effective care patients recovering from varying forms of anesthesia or sedation.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Current Texas License, Appropriate CPR Certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- CAPA certification
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the adult or elderly patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the adult or elderly patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for the adult or elderly patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation protocols.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Maintains current competency in adult medical surgical nursing.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits