Staff RN - Day Surgery
Nursing: OR/Anesthesia/Day Surgery Greenville, TX
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- The post anesthesia care unit staff RN will provide safe, quality and cost effective care patients recovering from varying forms of anesthesia or sedation.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Current Texas License, Appropriate CPR Certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- CAPA certification
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the adult or elderly patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the adult or elderly patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for the adult or elderly patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation protocols.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Maintains current competency in adult medical surgical nursing.