Pastry Chef Assistant
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Assist Executive Pastry Chef with preparation of all desserts used in the restaurants.
- Assist with the preparation of special occasion cakes as needed.
- Active Food Handlers card
- Experience in a pastry kitchen and/or culinary school training
- Set up, maintain and break down work station according to restaurant and business standards
- Clean and maintain work area and kitchen while practicing safety, sanitation and organizational skills
- Notify Executive Pastry Chef of product shortages and equipment maintenance issues
- Report to work as scheduled and ready for work
- Plate desserts as instructed by Exec Pastry Chef or as pictured
- Prepare and prep daily pastry items as directed by Exec Pastry Chef and/or follow posted prep sheets
- Follow dessert recipes
- Understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Commitment to quality service.
- Knowledge of professional kitchen standards and pastry department requirements.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.