- $20.00 - $24.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD is looking for an Staff Accountant to work within our Finance department. The Staff Account will provide timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support to VVSD programs, as well as facilitating timely payments to our vendors.
- Process monthly billings
- Prepares cash flow on a daily basis
- Review income statements for programs to ensure that costs are allowable and allocable and submit billings to funders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Maintain all grant records, contracts and correspondence
- Month-end entries
- Prepare annual Property Tax Reports
- Company credit card administration
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of asset / liability accounts
- Fixed Asset Depreciation
- Prepare documentation for external auditors and grantors
- Review daily deposits
- Compile information to submit monthly food stamp invoices
- Determine client monthly rents and record client receivables on a monthly basis
- Completion of Financial Accounting coursework
- One year of accounting experience, preferably for a nonprofit organization
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Abila MIP software experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints while maintaining a positive attitude
- Detail oriented and ability to adapt and adjust priorities as needed
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screen.
- Ability to perform all aspects of the job description both mentally and physically, as well as other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.