- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Sticky’s Finger Joint began out of a love for chicken fingers, and the desire to think outside the box for a how a restaurant could serve them. The founders of Sticky’s thought there were a lot of New Yorkers who really loved chicken fingers but didn’t have a great place to get them. We also realized that there were endless flavors of dipping sauces that could pair well with a great chicken finger. And thus, Sticky’s was born! The first location opened on March 22nd, 2012 on West 8th Street in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan.
From the jump, Sticky’s was all about thinking creatively, and doing things differently than others. We launched with over 25 homemade dipping sauces on the menu, inspired by cuisines from around the world. We found local graffiti artists to put up original murals on the walls. We played energetic music and kept serving chicken ‘til the wee hours of the night. We hired people from all different backgrounds and wanted to make everyone feel at home when they were in the store.
This position contributes to Sticky’s success by providing exceptional food quality. Back of House Crew members are essential to Sticky’s Finger Joint, ensuring our food offerings are always fresh and consistent. Crew Members create the Sticky’s food experience for our guests by providing a constant supply of fresh, quality food and maintaining a clean and comfortable kitchen environment. Back of House Crew members should always model and act in accordance with Sticky’s values and core principles.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Sticky’s Finger Joint
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Able to produce, prepare and bottle all Sticky’s sauces and beverages for service
- Proactively assesses stores needs and acts accordingly to facilitate smooth operation
- Communicates information to manager in a timely and professional manner
- Provides quality food and beverages by adhering to all recipe SOP guidelines outlined in training materials
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products, as well as, Sticky’s operational policies and procedures
- Develops full knowledge of all Sticky’s offerings and beverages
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace, including but not limited to; setup and breakdown of all cook and prep workstations, clean and maintain all kitchen equipment, wash dishes, sweep, mop and take out the garbage
- Assists with new crew member training by positively reinforcing successful performance
- Follow all day to day policies and procedures implemented by Sticky’s and store management
- Completing all prep including but not limited to chicken, vegetables and sauces within designated time frame
- Maintaining all temperature, oil and prep logs/worksheets
- Checking in all vendor orders based on received invoices and order sheets
- Must possess strong knife skills and have experience grilling
- Must be able to lift heavy items, up to 50lbs
- Experience working in a restaurant kitchen and cooking with a deep fryer
- Must maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- The ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions, requesting clarification when needed
- The ability to work as part of a team and build positive relationships with all restaurant employees
- The ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach
- The ability to be cross trained in all areas of the restaurant
Food handlers license is a plus.
Los solicitantes deben tener experiencia con enfriadores, preparación y con la freidora. Los solicitantes deben tener habilidades de cuchillo fuerte y tener un ojo para el detalle. Debe ser capaz de seguir recetas y permanecer de pie durante largos períodos de tiempo. Deberá poder levantar cargas pesadas de 50 libras o más.
Licencia de manipuladores de alimentos es una ventaja.