Part-Time Retail Associate
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
From the beginning, we set out to recreate the softness and simplicity of our favorite vintage tee. Rooted in sustainable and eco-friendly practices, we use proprietary fabrics and specialty washes to make one-of-a-kind pieces that you will want to wear today and tomorrow and the day after..
When you work at Alternative, you join a community, not a department. You become an outlier within the fashion industry because others don't have to fail for you to succeed. Alternative is a company of entrepreneurs who are driven by passion, not job descriptions, where you can contribute to something you're proud to wear--on your body and your résumé.
We are looking for fashion-minded, customer focused individuals as we build our Hayes Valley team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as an Alternative brand champion.
- Greet customers and recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain sales records.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise, and describe merchandise and explain fabrication and care of merchandise to customers.
- Receive, unpack, and ticket inventory.
- Set store promotional signage as needed.
- Merchandise and display product to promote sales.
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables, and keep store tidy.
- Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Prior experience in retail, customer service or sales environment
- Fashion industry experience and passion
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and high energy level
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Computer savvy and comfortable with mobile technology
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.