Prep Cook and Baker
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Black Bear Diner is hiring for a Prep Cook, Baker!
We’re searching for team members with previous kitchen and food prep experience. In this role, you’ll be responsible for baking as well as preparing foods to our standards.
As a Prep Cook, Baker your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently prepare, cook, portion all food according to Black Bear Diner recipes, procedures and standards.
- Comply with all food safety requirements such as checking and maintaining temperature, dating and labeling products, rotating products so that oldest is used first.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, stoves, ovens and refrigeration equipment.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Complete sidework for station and shift.
- Close the prep and bake areas correctly. Follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing stations and the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and baking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is often hot, noisy, and congested.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Working in our fast-paced kitchen - You’ll learn a lot
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team
- Discounted meals
Come join the team at this fast growing family dining concept, Apply Today!