License and Title Associate
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
A License and Title Associate processes car deals; verifies costs for the accounting department, including the costs of reconditioning and equipment add-ons, and handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Responsibilities for a License and Title Associate and Clerk include:
- Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled
- Prepares tax and title documents
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lien holder paid off before processing title applications
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete
- Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
- Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of Origin
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the comptroller at the end of month
Preferred skills and experience for a License and Title Associate:
- 2+ years of License & Title experience in a dealership setting is necessary
- Knowledge of commonly-used automotive dealership practices, concepts and procedures a must
- Knowledge of CDK/ADP Dealer Service system strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well in a team environment is a must
- Pre-employment drug test and background check and reference check are required for hire
If looking for a career you can excel in, a company you can advance in, and an opportunity to change your life, you’re looking for Motor Werks.
With our modern atmosphere and exceptional support system, you’ll find a true, reputable company that’s respected all across the nation. Motor Werks is 100% committed to our customers, and that same dedication continues through our employees. Our outstanding customer service and employee growth records prove that we’re not just a car dealership…we’re a family.
If you love a great challenge, meeting new people and making friends for life, it’s time to start your career at Motor Werks.