- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
TAO Group Los Angeles is a global hospitality company that develops, owns and operates many of the most successful restaurants, food, beverage and nightlife entertainment venues. ... to learn more check us out at www.taogroupla.com
We are seeking a talented Sous Chef to join the Culinary Management Team in Hollywood, California.
Overview: The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in operating clean, safe kitchen and dishroom facilities while meeting or exceeding food quality and speed of service requirements. Directly responsible for the entire kitchen and dishroom operations in the absence of the Chef.
- Coordinates and supervises activities of employees engaged in preparing and cooking food.
- Ensures raw ingredients are available and prepared for use in recipes.
- Advises employees in preparation, proportion, and garnishing of foods.
- Ensures that food preparation methods are used.
- Prepares, proportions, and garnishes foods.
- Manages employees.
- Estimates food consumption, food purchases, and kitchen supplies.
- Must be able to deal with all employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be alert in busy environment.
- Monitors processes used by employees.
- Responsible for working with the Chef to create a cohesive team within the kitchen.
- Must have a positive presence within the kitchen and the restaurant as a role model and a member of the management team.
- Maintains a positive “win-win” attitude.
- Always working to improve the restaurant.
- Supports all decisions made by the management team and presents a united front to the staff.
- Responsible for assisting the Chef in setting appropriate prep levels and managing production.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to perform in any line position, as needed.
- Production of special items, soups, and intensive menu items.
- Expected to offer guidance and direction to line cooks on a continual basis, particularly in the execution of food for large, private parties.
- Responsible for assisting the Chef in all administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- New employee orientation
- Documentation (i.e. employee evaluations, write ups, new hire packets, and separation notices)
QUALITY ASSURANCE & SANITATION
- Ensures the strict adherence to standards of quality for food served, including:
- Proper handling & storage
- Proper use of techniques and cooking procedures
- Portion Size
- Strong Communication skills.
- Sushi & Asian cuisine experience is a big plus
- Previous Management experience.
- Ability to multi task, work in a fast paced environment.
- Passion and ability to coach, lead and mentor staff.