Special Events Sales Coordinator
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
For over 60 years, The Firehouse Restaurant has become synonymous with outstanding wine, delicious food, unparalleled service and elegant affairs. Our inventive approach to intimate dining fuses sophistication with everyday excellence in the heart of Old Sacramento. The Firehouse showcases the region’s most extensive wine collection, with a menu featuring the freshest local ingredients in an inviting classic atmosphere.
The Special Event Sales Coordinator will assist with the daily operations of private dining and the restaurant in general by providing administrative and sales support to enhance the duties of management and implementing and maintaining guest satisfaction. This position must maintain a professional appearance and decorum at all times, and be organized, and detailed, with the ability to multi-task, This position will require working on weekends and holidays and may require overtime. These requirements/functions may change over the course of employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The Special Event Coordinator's duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for answering incoming calls, taking messages, setting up appointments for the Special Events Manager, and making dining room reservations. Responsible for writing down information for current and future events so all information is given to the Special Events Manager and placed in the file or entered directly into the contract.
- Works with the Special Events Manager on contracts: types contracts, and faxes, emails, or mails the contracts to clients. Makes sure contracts are completed accurately and obtains final approval from the Special Events Manager. Ensures contracts are signed and returned by the date indicated on the contract.
- Provides audio/visual equipment and systems by assessing customer needs; arranging for delivery, set-up, and return of equipment.
- Ensures deposits are put into the admin bag daily so money is accounted for immediately. Documents the amount of the deposit received on the contract, put the client receipt in the file, and scan or fax a copy to the client for their records.
- Responsible for closing out servers for private parties at the end of their shift and ensures the servers’ check-outs are accurate (i.e., tickets match function sheets).
- Greets hosts of the events and make yourself available to the hosts throughout their event.
- Produces and updates, as necessary, all weekly events packages with menu choices and counts for management. Lunch and dinner event schedules for the following week need to be distributed by Tuesday afternoon. Immediately follow up on any additions or cancellations, and inform management and Executive Chef of any changes. Communicates with Executive Chef and Special Events Manager on special requests for all events.
- Maintains a calendar by month on the server so it is available to all management personnel. Sends updated copies, as needed. Provides copies to the corporate office.
- Administers inside direct sales and strategies and communicates leads to private dining manager. Assists in coordinating direct sales plans including communication with new prospects.
- Aggressively sells private dining parties by performing weekly cold calls, offering tours at the restaurant, and arranging on-site appointments. Prepares follow-up letters to prospective clients.
- Works closely with management on any special projects on marketing or sales assignments.
- Regularly meets with Special Events Manager to communicate and discuss sales activities.
- Maintains and keeps current the client database on all previous and current private dining clients.
- Administers group events including greeting groups and conducting individual tours. Answers all questions regarding private dining packages, policies, menu choices, etc. Asks the Special Events Manager or General Manager for assistance when you do not know how to answer clients’ questions.
- Mails thank-you notes to all private dining clients after their function. These notes need to be mailed within the next day after the function.
- Maintains and keeps a stock of all menus, private dining packages, and marketing materials current. Ensure all private dining menus are current and prices are correct.
- Maintains all sales files and private dining files and maintain file system. Assist in all office duties to assist management.
- Provides back-up assistance at the host station, when needed. Assists at host station (or other positions as required) during holidays that the restaurant is open and during private dining events.
- When requested, attends events that are assigned by the Special Events Manager in relation to the private dining (i.e., tradeshows, fundraisers).
- Prints all Firehouse menus when new menus are launched or when changes have been made to existing menus. The corporate office sends the new menus via email to the Sales Coordinator and the management team.
- Opens restaurant and performs all opening duties, when needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of administrative and sales experience including cold calling is required.
- Understanding of the restaurant and event business a plus.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and customer service skills; previous customer service experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least be 21 years of age.
- Advanced MS Office (Word/Outlook/Excel) experience required.
- Type 40 wpm net.
- Proficient in data input and word processing.