- $0.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Technician - Furniture Repair
Furniture Repair Technician – Grand Prairie
Full-time Employment Available
Find Your Second Family. Love Your Second Home.
Ashley Furniture is the #1 selling furniture brand in the United States. With more than 550 HomeStores across the nation, Ashley Furniture HomeStore is the #1 choice for home furnishings and accessories, for millions of people.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is seeking handy, artistic, detail-oriented and organized individuals. The ideal applicant has a history and passion for woodworking and some upholstery experience.
As a furniture repair technician, you will be responsible for the repair and restoration process of assembled furniture and upholstery in accordance with the Ashley Furniture HomeStore standards. This position may include in-shop and/or in-home repair work.
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery.
- Maintain inventory and stock records within refurbishing department and order supplies required to perform daily tasks
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and ensure daily/weekly/monthly performance levels are achieved.
- Strong commitment to safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness with team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience working with wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment
Comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services.
- Efficiency with color matching and blending
Wood repairs including scratches, dents and splits
Upholstery repairs including structural/internal mechanism replacements.
- Must be able to multitask.
• Ability to lift, lower, push or pull furniture up to and in excess of 75lbs (with assistance if needed)
Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Certification in Furniture Repair/Restoration, preferred
Our company operates according to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
- To be a premier retail home furnishings company.
- Provide the ultimate consumer experience
- Increase revenue
- Continuous improvement
- Reduce cost
- Make a profit
- Stay in business
- Customer focused
- Honesty & integrity
- Passion, drive and cooperation
- Hands on approach
- Continued growth