- $14.25 - $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This job description should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities related to your position. Your position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. La Brea Bakery makes no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position. La Brea Bakery retains the right to change an employee’s position or job description at any time.
Is responsible for performing duties that pertain to the cooking and preparation of customer orders in the main kitchen. Other duties may be assigned.
- Is well trained on the operation of all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to: meat and cheese slicer, food processor, multiple types of kitchen cutlery, steamers, griddles, flat tops, ovens, burners, mixers, and other equipment used in the preparation of food and ingredients
- Communicates restaurant food preparation needs to Kitchen Manager; follows par levels established
- Cooks all food to order and works together with other kitchen employees to ensure that all customer food is being delivered hot and fresh
- Works with a high sense of urgency to meet order preparation goal
- Responds well to special orders; corrects mistakes quickly; looks to exceed customer needs at all times
- Cleans and maintains all equipment; insures all safety policies and standards are being followed at all times; reports issues to Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty immediately
- Follows and adheres to all Food Safety guidelines and standards set forth by La Brea Bakery, local, state, and federal governing bodies
- Uses weights and measures to maintain consistency and control costs
- May be asked to assist in the prep of ingredients before, during, and after operating hours
- Does not serve food that is not up to the highest standards
- Performs other tasks or duties assigned by managers
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Personal Appearance- In complete La Brea Bakery uniform: shirt tucked in, clean, and ironed, wearing and visibly displaying name tag; appropriately groomed; no facial piercing; no tongue rings; no visible tattoos
- Positive Attitude-Has a positive and welcoming attitude. Always smiles and goes the extra mile to provide unparalleled service.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal - Listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Takes the initiative to make sure all of the restaurant needs are being met; looks for ways to contribute
- Respect – Respects all customers, managers, and other employees.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Clearly communicates special requests with management, including shift changes.
- Dependability – Can be counted to help when needed.
- Sense of Urgency- Works well in keeping pace with the business needs, always anticipating flux in business; is under control and well prepared at all times
- Quality – Is detailed oriented; display high standards with everything that is done; treats all restaurant equipment with respect
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos such as recipes, build sheets, and par sheets.
Certificates and Licenses: Must have current and valid ServSafe Food Handler Certification
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
The employee may be required to frequently lift or occasionally move up to 20-50 pounds.