Fleet Mechanic (Gas)
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in safe and efficient repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upkeep of all fleet vehicles. Responsibilities will include troubleshooting mechanical problems and repair when necessary, complete preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles, DOT inspections, A/C work, rear axle and brake servicing. Ensure timely completion of all routine, emergency and preventive maintenance work orders in accordance with company policies and procedures. Major duties include troubleshooting a wide variety of vehicles and trucks, repairing and replacing parts, rewiring, cutting, welding, and all other maintenance tasks. The incumbent oversees and completes all preventative maintenance in relationship to fleet vehicles and trucks.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Work schedule is from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday but may vary.
- Employee must maintain and conduct regular inventory of repairs, repair parts and place orders as needed.
- The employee will be working mainly in the fleet maintenance shop, work conditions are normal for most maintenance facility environments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED and possess a valid driver’s license, as well as their own tools.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with gas vehicles, trucks, hydraulics, brakes, and electrical systems.
- Must be able to understand written sentences, effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- Safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection and work boots.