REGIONAL FACILITIES MANAGER (LA / OC AREA)
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
REGIONAL FACILITIES MANAGER
Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market
LOS ANGELES / ORANGE COUNTY
As a FACILITIES MANAGER for Mendocino Farms, you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by doing the following...
- Confirm that restaurant properties are safe and maintained through inspections of buildings and property sites; follow up on any deficiencies found and work with the Human Resource Department and Operations Department, and local health/building departments to manage resolution of any problem areas.
- Travel to designated location to inspect and visit MF properties. Submit written report and findings. Work with vendors and operations to resolve facility issues.
- Maintain and coordinate work orders, proposals, and invoice approval through facilities service portal. Approve Repair and Maintenance and Capital Appropriations within guideline limits.
- Routinely communicate with operations and respond to calls from the field regarding repair and maintenance issues including troubleshooting a wide range of challenges from kitchen equipment breakdowns to plumbing and roofing. Assist operations with warranty issues.
- Maintain inventory levels at MF fulfillment center. Order additional parts and replacement parts as necessary from approved vendors.
- Evaluates effectiveness of vendors and compliance of service programs including repair, preventative maintenance, hood cleaning, fire suppression, sign maintenance, security and fire alarm and other facilities focus areas. Ensures qualified vendors in all areas.
- Manage coordination and completion of repair and maintenance and capital projects, including develop scope of work, review capital appropriations for accuracy, obtain and analyze bids, select appropriate contractors and vendors within established guidelines, and supervision of projects verifying budgets and time schedules are met.
- Manage coordination of transition from new store opening to operations, including set up of new vendors and PM programs. Assist with training managers on new facility.
- Maintain effective communication with restaurant managers, Operation Directors, and Director of Facilities regarding status of current work projects. Prepare written communications with various contractors, vendors, and corporate departments on maintenance and capital construction issues.
- Track all capital spending. Review, analyze, evaluate, and prepare reports on maintenance and capital costs measuring budget and time line compliance.
- Maintain and update shared file of Company’s computer system with current pictures of each restaurant (to include frames of roof, exterior, interior, and equipment) for access by the appropriate parties. Maintain both electronic and paper files on units.
- Moderate travel required to company locations and corporate headquarters in Studio City, CA
- Job duties require ability to work on-call status due to the operational hours of the locations and nature of repairs/projects
- Flexibility to work remotely when not in the field / office
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of the project management and restaurant facilities maintenance. Thorough understanding of restaurant operations and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests with the goal of obtaining cooperation. Must communicate effectively with operations and vendors.
- Skilled in contract administration, project, time management and budgeting. Ability to read and understand architectural plans, construction and other documents, perform detailed work and multi-task.
- Demonstrate good judgment, able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions using sound decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress while exhibiting time management capabilities.
- Through understanding of restaurant operations and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional and positive customer service orientation.
- Knowledge to perform basic math skills, work with numbers and math concepts; and apply mathematical operations to such tasks as structural analysis of building systems.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, Internet, and specific spreadsheet preparation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years facilities maintenance experience with 3 years of specific multi-restaurant maintenance supervision.
- Trade school or college degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.