- $13.50 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Opening soon in the Arts District, Pikunico is derived by the concept of joyful, authentic Japanese food, the menu as well as the ambiance is uplifting and positive. Similar to the excited energy and positive connotation behind, "lets go get ice cream!" or "lets have a picnic!" the exclamation mark as a humanistic punctuation embodies the passion behind Chef Kuniko Yagi's Pikunico.
A place where everyone is welcome, the food is comforting, and quality ingredients are local, sustainable and seasonably southern California.
We are seeking Prep Cooks! Here are some of the basics of the position...
- Delivers the highest level of customer service; coordinates with other kitchen staff to ensure timely delivery and preparation of food items.
- Assists in the preparation sushi, rolls, salads and other menu items.
- Prepares a variety of seafood, meat, and other items as requested.
- Comfortable making use of a variety of kitchen equipment (not limited to broilers, ovens, grills, and fryers).
- Knowledgeable and compliant with food portioning, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen recipes, policy and procedures.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates food in accordance with public health safety, state and local requirements.
- Maintains work area, kitchen, cooking, prep, counter, cases, equipment, knives, and food storage areas clean, sanitary, and organized. Reports any issues to the manager.
- Uses knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip,
beat, chill, freeze, maintain or otherwise produce food for the dining room and sushi bar.
- Stays current with menu, offerings, and descriptions as menu and offerings are updated.
Who you are?
- You have knowledge of food and beverage
- You know your way around a kitchen, and have excellent knife skills to slice, dice, cut a variety of items.
- You are excited to train and grow with us!
- You have a valid ServSafe Card!
- You love working with a team, and are able to roll your sleeves up and help anywhere needed.
Kaizen Dining Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kaizen Dining Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.