Food & Beverage Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Hotel Figueroa has welcomed guests to Downtown Los Angeles since 1926 with its historic unconventional purpose and style. Ninety years later and after more than a year of transformation and renovation, we celebrate the reopening of our property in the midst of a rebirth of the Downtown community, set to reopen 2018.
Downtown Los Angeles’ burgeoning city scene is about to experience a culinary renaissance with the launch of two new restaurants and four bars located at the historic Hotel Figueroa, To develop and execute the various food and beverage concepts for the hotel. F&B Management Company APICII (www.apicii.com) has partnered with four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, Executive Chef and Owner of the Tasting Kitchen in Venice Beach, CA., and industry leader in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, the mastermind behind world-famous New York bars Employees Only and Macao Trading Company.
A unique opportunity to be part of our opening team exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain a high level of Integrity, standards of quality and guest satisfaction.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fine-dining restaurant of a similar capacity
· A genuine passion for hospitality with solid food/beverage knowledge.
· Must possess a hospitable and approachable demeanor combined with impeccable service standards, clean work habits and a keen attention to detail.
· A “lead by example” mentality.
· Ability to multitask in a high volume environment while always maintaining a sense of humor and calmness.
· A professional and polished appearance is essential, combined with the ability to interact with all types of team members and build relationships with guests.
· Strong financial acumen experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, consisting of breakfasts, late-nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must have computer knowledge of basic restaurant systems and POS systems including Word and Excel.
**Prior opening experience is a plus**
Downtown, Los Angeles: Hotel Figueroa is privileged to share this city with some of the world’s most dynamic fashion, film, music, art and other creative organizations. Our design pays homage to the hotel's rich history and connection to the city, embracing the blend of business, entertainment and creativity that LA embodies.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
· Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
· Competitive compensation
· Excellent learning environment