Alice Kitchen Line Cooks - The 1 Hotel
- $15.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The h.wood Group’s, Alice Kitchen in Los Angeles is seeking a hardworking and dedicated Line Cook. The ideal candidate possesses a guest first attitude, strong commitment to service, and excellent communication. We ask for a willingness to receive and offer direction, be solutions oriented, and encourage a hospitality driven environment.
- Prepare food to order as specified by the Chef and guest
- Follow recipes accurately as outlined by Chef
- Coordinate timing of dish completion with other cooks, as directed by Chef
- Accommodate special requests and dietary restrictions as directed by Chef
- Station set up
- Ensure all supplies needed for service ready for use
- Prior to service, prep dish elements such as stocks and garnishes. This may include chopping
vegetables and butchery.
- Perform duties in accordance with California Health and Safety
- Sanitize workstations
- Mark and date all stored food
- Ensure dishes are prepared to accurate temperature
- Station clean up
- Disposing of waste
- Daily organization of all kitchen areas
- Clean all surfaces on a station
- Store or dispose of all unused items Skills / Experience
- Previous experience in high volume kitchen or equivalent culinary education
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills
- Time management skills
- Thorough understanding of safe food handling
- Ability to work well under intense time pressure
- Excellent emotional control in fast-paced environments
- Dedication to on-time arrival for shifts
- Upbeat and energetic attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Attentive to detail
-Be on time.
-Follow strict guidelines for behavior and attendance
-Support prep for service; ensure all prep items and recipes are made correctly.
-Perfect mise en place for service.
-Assist in keeping a clean kitchen at all times.