40 LOVE SOUS CHEF/ JR. SOUS CHEF POSITION
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Reliable dependant individual who is coachable at all times that is ready to challenge themselves to be the best they can be. A person looking for more than just a job. A person who accepts change as part of growth. A person who has more than just passion but extreme desire to be good at their craft.
The resposibilities are listed below but can adjust upon Chef discretion :
- Daily Line Checks. Both prep and line cooks
- Daily temperature log. Twice a day.
- Responsibility for daily ordering and prep list
- Prepare food to order as specified by the Chef
- Follow recipes accurately as outlined by Chef
- Coordinate timing of dish completion with other cooks, as directed by Chef
- Accommodate special requests and dietary restrictions as directed by Chef
- Station set up
- Ensure all supplies needed for service ready for use
- Prior to service, prep dish elements such as stocks and garnishes. This may include chopping vegetables and butchery.
- Perform duties in accordance with California Health and Safety Standards
- Sanitize work stations
- Regular hand washing
- Mark and date all stored food
- Ensure dishes are prepared to accurate temperature
- Station clean up
- Disposing of waste
- Daily organization of all kitchen areas
- Clean all surfaces on a station
- Store or dispose of all unused items
- Must understand Brigade System
- Must have Kitchen Etiquette
Skills / Experience
- Previous experience in high volume kitchen or equivalent culinary education
- Must have 5-6 years culinary experience in a critically reviewed restaurant
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills
- Time management skills
- Thorough understanding of safe food handling
- Proficiency on meat and fish cookery is a must
- Keen attention to detail
About The h.wood Group
The h.wood Group is a Los Angeles based lifestyle company, which includes an upscale nightlife and restaurant division, corporate branding, real-estate development and event production. The h.wood Group has vastly expanded their nightlife portfolio with Bootsy Bellows, Bootsy Bellows Aspen, The Peppermint Club, SHOREbar, Poppy, 40 love, The Jeremy Hotel (Alice Kitchen & Harriet's Rooftop) and restaurant concepts The Nice Guy, Delilah, Petite Taqueria, SLAB, and Mason (Chicago). Due to an extensive and influential network, we cater all venues to art, fashion and creative segments to provide a warm welcoming environment for patrons from all walks of life. In addition to leveraging a vast and influential network of relationships, our venues naturally become hubs for cross-marketing opportunities.