- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
LOCATION: METROPOLITAN GRILL, Seattle, Washington
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF LOCATION CONCEPT:
The top steakhouse in the country.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Dinner served daily.
Lunch served Monday--Friday
NUMBER OF SEATS: Dining Room: 214
Private dining: 76 (3 rooms)
MANAGEMENT TEAM: Director of Operations * GM * Managers (3) * Sales Manager * Executive Chef * Chefs (2) * Sous Chefs (2)
AVAILABLE POSITION: Manager
SALARY: Base: DOE, Bonus potential: 10% annually
BENEFITS: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance, Disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Parking, Internal/External dining benefits
Candidate must have:
- 5 yrs. exp. as a manager in restaurant with sales exceeding $6m
- AGM or Senior Manager Level Experience.
- Fine Dining Experience
Metropolitan Grill – Leadership Profile
We are looking for the following qualities in prospective candidates for the Manager position.
- Proven operational management experience and appreciation for operational and culinary elements that make the Met an unrivaled steakhouse.
- Proven financial management experience in a restaurant with a minimum of $5M annual revenue.
- Management style that encompasses the following
- Communicates openly with respect, honesty and integrity.
- Maintains a safe, professional, and energetic work environment.
- Demonstrates ability to provide leadership to continually build on our legacy and create traditions that are unrivaled in regard to culinary and operations.
- A strong understanding of Guest Relations and ability to create repeat guest.
- The personality and presence to be a representative of the Met.
- Will grow and develop our team though ongoing training, and education.
- Strong training background.
HIRING TIMELINE: Est. Hire Date: Feb
Deadline: Must be received by January 30, 2020
The moment you step inside Metropolitan Grill, you will know you have entered a classic steakhouse. Rich in tradition, The Met is housed inside the historic Marion Building, which dates to 1903.
At The Met, the focus is on Prime beef. We built our reputation on the classics: filet mignon, New York peppercorn steak, Delmonico, porterhouse and Chateaubriand carved tableside. Corporate Chef Eric Hellner hand-selects each cut of Prime Double R Ranch beef from Washington State and American Wagyu from Idaho. We have even developed proprietary seasonings for our beef. Steaks are then seared over the high heat of imported mesquite charcoal, ensuring the most tender, juicy flavor.
Our award-winning wine list showcases a definitive steakhouse selection of premium West Coast red wines, with an emphasis on Cabernet, Merlot and Meritage. The Met’s cellar has received national recognition, including the Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence.”
One of the reasons for The Met’s ongoing success is the dedication of the professional staff, which takes great pride in providing every guest with an exceptional dining experience.