Line & Prep Cooks
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
LINE AND PREP COOKS AD
The line and prep cooks are responsible for the daily preparation of food items on the grill pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
1. Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
2. Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
3. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
4. Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
5. Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
6. Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
7. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
8. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef.
1. Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
2. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
3. Previous prep or line cook experience (1+ year experience)
1. English language and professional communications skills are required. Bilingual a plus.
2. Ability to take direction.
3. Ability to work in a team environment.
4. Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
5. Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
6. Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
We are located in the beautiful Santa Monica Mountains at Malibu Conference Center within Calamigos Ranch. On property we have four amazing wedding venues, 2 resorts, the Malibu Cafe and more! We work in a fast-paste environment and are surrounded by a lifestyle of quiet elegance, and unparalleled natural beauty.