- $15.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- health, dental, vision, discounts, food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Huckleberry Café & Bakery is an upscale Santa Monica bakery, café featuring delicious pastries, artisan sandwiches, daily made soups, salads, and daily farmer’s market driven specials. Our commitment at Huckleberry is that everyone who walks through the door leaves feeling satisfied, nourished and inspired.
Our service philosophy is based on the idea of “enlightened hospitality.” We believe that a café in its truest sense is a family and that in order to provide the best possible experience for our guests it is imperative that we function at a high level behind the scenes. Our staff from top to bottom is treated and valued with the highest level of integrity, and in turn is expected to pass along this spirit to our guests. We pride ourselves on a staff that is informed but informal; equally enthusiastic about the food they serve as by the people they are serving.
As a supervisor, you will assist the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. You will position employees and delegate tasks to create the Huckleberry experience for our customers by providing exceptional customer service with prompt service, the highest quality food and beverages, and maintaining a clean and comfortable dining environment.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the entire team.
- Works directly with customers, anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Active role in the Chain Of Service.
- Assists with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on employee performance during shift.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in employee morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to employees on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
- Develops positive relationships with supervisory team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, need and concerns.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows Huckleberry operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees during each shift.
- Complies with food safety procedures.
- Properly utilizes supervisor checklist and initials off on required tasks
- Manages deep clean schedule and ensures employees are completing tasks to set expectation.
- Ensure store is organized and debris free (including garage space)
- No food service experience needed, but a passion for food is required.
- All employees must possess a food handler’s permit or the ability to obtain one shortly after employment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Friendly and outgoing manner with the public.
- Flexibility in work assignments and shift.
- Initiative and organizational skills.
- Staff are expected to be at work on time to their scheduled shifts and maintain a professional appearance and be friendly and welcoming to guests and co-workers at all times.
Huckleberry offers health care benefits for full time employees working over 25 hours a week. Employees are eligible for discounts at Huckleberry as well as at the other locations in our family of restaurants. Employees will receive a 50% discount at Huckleberry and a 25% discount at our other restaurants. Supervisors are eligible for 1 staff meal on every shift.
Rustic Canyon Family Of Restaurants
All of our restaurants operate around the same main goal: to ensure that all of our customers and staff alike who walk through our doors leave feeling satisfied, nourished and inspired. This starts with the ingredients we buy. We buy as much of our produce as possible from the Santa Monica Farmers Market and other local and sustainable vendors. Next we believe that food tastes better when it is made by hand in house. We create all our own ice cream, doughs, stocks and more by using classic craftsmanship and technique. Finally, we take our work very seriously but strive not to take ourselves too seriously in the process. We believe food, our restaurants’ atmosphere and service should be thoughtful and informed but not pretentious. On top of this we are committed to our community and the health of our natural environment. We recycle, reuse and operate with a sense of care for our environment. We work hard to create places for people, from inside or outside of our community, to come together with family and friends to enjoy each other’s company and share in great food. In addition, through our charitable outreach, we work to give back to those in need in a sustaining way.