Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Assistant Manager is the second-level manager in our stores. The AM is responsible for managing the day-to-day shift operations of our restaurant, including the supervision of team members. In addition, the AM assists in taking inventory, ordering food and supplies, managing costs and delivering store performance that executes Shakey’s Fast, Friendly, Clean standards. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager.
Responsibilities (The following are representative of the duties of the position.):
- Monitors and supervises day-to-day restaurant and shift operations.
- Creates a team environment that delivers outstanding operations performance and guest service every day.
- Executes in-store promotional campaigns and participates in local marketing activities in the community.
- Trains and coaches shift leads and team members to drive the execution of Shakey’s "Fast, Friendly, Clean" culture and standards.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and guest service complaints.
- Maintains a positive learning and training environment for all team members and delivers training on all work stations.
- Takes food, supply and merchandise inventories and places orders to restock.
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices regarding all aspects food handling, preparation, serving and storage.
- Manages store operations to control inventory, food and beverage and labor expenses.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures adherence to all safety standards and procedures.
- Works in any work station when required to support efficient restaurant operations.
- Valid Food Handler card
- Minimum 2 years assistant manager, or equivalent, experience in food service or retail
- Effective supervisory skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic math skills
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including medical insurance
- Professional advancement opportunities
- Fun environment
- Shift meals
Looking for a great place to work?
At Shakey’s, our mission is to “serve great food with authentic hospitality in a fun gathering place!” Our team members are friendly, energetic and aspire to create a truly enjoyable experience for our guests. In turn, we operate our restaurants with pride, treat others with respect and provide our team members with valuable work experience and career growth opportunities.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time to fill in some spare time, or have your sights set on a full-time restaurant management position, come work for Shakey’s. We invite you to have fun with us!