- $5.44 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
V&E Restaurants is looking for a friendly Server to join our restaurant team. The Server willbe responsible for taking food and drink orders from customers, and then delivering those orders to theproper people in the kitchen or the bar. As a server at V&E Restaurants you will learn a lot and be in afast-paced environment. You will be essential to the team as you will help create an unforgettable andexceptional dining experience for our customers. Our server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return again and again.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’rethere to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of- sale system whichrelays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food andservice. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or makechange (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist busperson with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurantas directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Be able to communicate and understand English and Spanish.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of- salesystem.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 50pounds.
Marabu by Chef Alberto Cabrera and V&E Restaurants is the newest addition to V&E’s Restaurant line up. With over 30 restaurants in Miami Beach, Las Vegas and Mexico this is the first Chef driven concept and a move into the casual fine dining arena for V&E. Marabu will bring the cuban table alive. A sharing concept in which Chef Cabrera has created a menu that is reflective of the countryside in Cuba. Here marabu charcoal is produced and cooked with, where the table is traditionally filled with “El Guajiros” daily harvest. The food at Marabu will be rooted in Cuba’s countryside and coast with an exploration into worldly flavors. The simplest preparations and the most carefully sourced ingredients will result in a cuisine that is rooted in tradition and executed with precision.
The design of the restaurant will focus on replicating the homes and lifestyle of the early 1900’s aristocrats in Havana, Cuba. An updated version of a classic bar in Havana will anchor the space. The bar will be serving an array of cocktails and punches carefully chosen from the extensive library of the Cuban cocktail culture and procured by our experienced barman. An outdoor pergola reflective of a farm in Cuba will create a lively atmosphere for a night of dining al fresco “entre familia”.